December 1, 2019
Amy O'Hara and Jodi Nelson
Subject tag: Data Access | Research partnerships
Evaluation of SS1. The report concludes with the following recommendations:
1. In multi-stakeholder collaboration, leverage bold leadership, resources and partnership with good governance, insisting on clear roles and responsibilities, decision making rights, timelines and contingency plans.
2. Verify company procedures for secure data access that meet legal requirements before committing to a multi-partner project.
3. Defend the nascent international coalition of scholars seeking transparency and expanded access to social media data.
4. Prepare data access protocols and contract templates before users are solicited and chosen.
5. Assure grant design, management and measurement practices match the experimental nature of a ‘big bet’ investment; go small and slow to achieve successful scale in the long run.
6. Seek outside and contrarian views of organizational models and use external learning to weigh, test and choose among alternative paths. Pg.24
[This entry was sourced with minor edits from the Carnegie Endowment’s Partnership for Countering Influence Operations and its baseline datasets initiative. You can find more information here: https://ceip.knack.com/pcio-baseline-datasets]